The County of Orange is developing an Active Transportation Plan (ATP) that will establish a vision and a roadmap for implementation of pedestrian and bicyclist facilities within the County’s unincorporated communities and along County-owned flood control channels. By planning a safe and convenient active transportation network, the plan’s goal is to connect more people with jobs, goods, services, and public transit networks without the use of a car, thereby improving public health, and reducing environmental impacts from vehicle miles traveled (VMT) and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Development of this plan is funded in part by the FY 2020-21 Caltrans Sustainable Transportation Planning Grant Program.
The County welcomes you to collaborate in the planning process by sharing your experiences and ideas for improving walking and biking throughout our unincorporated communities.
Public Input Map
Help identify locations for improvement
Take a quick survey
Attend a community event
The community survey is now closed for comments as our team evaluates responses. Thank you for sharing your input!
The County will host public workshops soliciting feedback on the Draft Plan in the Spring of 2022. If you would like to be notified about future events, please complete the “stay informed” form below.
No events here!
The County hosted a series of workshops in July 2021 to update community members on project progress and hear about their active transportation preferences and priorities. To view a recording of one of these workshops, please click here.
OC Public Works hosted a series of online “virtual walk audits” in the communities listed below in order to assess walking and biking conditions. These consisted of an online meeting with OC Public Works staff to view maps of communities and assess opportunities for pedestrian and bicyclist facilities. Each virtual walk audit included “stops” at various locations in which participants discussed barriers to mobility, and helped our team understand preferred improvements.
- Monday November 16th – Rossmoor Island (near Los Alamitos)
- Tuesday November 17th – North Tustin (Near Tustin and Orange)
- Wednesday November 18th – Ladera Ranch / Las Flores / Rancho Mission Viejo (Near Mission Viejo and Rancho Santa Margarita)
- Thursday November 19th – Orange Park Acres (Near Orange)
- Monday November 30th – El Modena (Near Orange)
- Tuesday December 1st – Canyon Communities (Santiago Canyon, Silverado Canyon, Modjeska Canyon, Trabuco Canyon)
- Wednesday December 2nd – Olive Heights (Near Orange)
- Thursday December 3rd – Fairlyn Island (Near Yorba Linda)
- Monday December 7th – Hamer Island (Near Placentia)
- Tuesday December 8th – Anaheim Island (Near Anaheim)
- Wednesday December 9th – Midway City (Near Westminster)
As the planning process moves along, we will publish materials on the website for your review.
No documents yet.
If you have questions or comments about the plan, please share them with us. Plan staff check website feedback weekly and will respond to you shortly.
Sign up here to receive email notifications of upcoming events and plan updates!